Friday 20 April 2012

Very appropriate that my first post is about delicious food.


Anyone who is a restaurant connoisseur (oh ho ho, Kolina, you kidder) like myself will know that Foo, at the Corner of Yates and Blanshard in Victoria, is absolutely fantastic.  It's an Asian fusion joint that is great for a well priced, quick lunch on the go or a satisfying sit down dinner with a cold beer.  I've been lucky enough to become acquainted with the front of house manager in the last little while and he encouraged me to come back (I hadn't been in ages) and try out the tuna tataki salad.

He might as well have said that I would receive a loaded pension and a manatee (these are the things on my mind, folks) upon entrance to the restaurant.  Tuna is my THING.  I could eat tuna in varying forms of raw all day, every day and be a happy woman until the day I died.

The tataki did not disappoint.  The tuna is served on a bed of cold soba noodles and cucumber slices and is drizzled in a delicious miso broth.  Lots of ginger and cilantro.  Yum.  White wine would have a been a lovely addition, but I was on my way to work at the time.

Foo also serves up some amazing curries and these amazing deep fried cheese ball concoctions that have my mouth watering even as I type.  Check it out!

*****

In other news, Victoria has decided to get with the program and offer up some pretty sweet spring weather.  I didn't have to wear a coat on my way to work and I was very, very pleased.

 
See?

Actually, that's not a very good example of my pleased face.  I'll try harder next time, I promise. :)

4 comments: