Sunday 20 May 2012

Pizziera Prima Strada

Finally!  A food post!

I went to Pizziera Prima Strada in Cook Street Village for the very first time tonight with my dad.

My mind is blown.

BLOWN.  It was frickin' outstanding.

The restaurant is very cute and tucked away between a Subway and Serious Coffee (or some other little place, I dunno, because OMG PIZZA).  It's not flashy and doesn't assault your eyeballs, which is lovely.  It only seats about 60 people and is super popular (for good reason), so we waited about fifteen minutes for a table, no biggie.  The hostess was very nice and made things roll along quickly.  People watching outside the restaurant passed the time quite well.


Our waitress was friendly and efficient, which I like.  I want you to be nice, get my order right, and bring me yum yums promptly.  A+ there.


I also like a menu that is short.  If I have to turn more than one page I'm disgruntled, so this one pleased me greatly.  Everything sounded amazing too.  I think I could have ordered anything and everything and enjoyed it.

A glass of the house white to begin.  Perfectly cold and very crisp.  Delish!


The salad special sounded incredible and so we ordered one to share as a starter.  Prosciutto, a bit of romaine, basil (MMMMM), watermelon, and cucumber with a honey lemon vinaigrette.  A stunning combination of flavours!  The snap of the lemon with the sweetness of the watermelon was incredibly good and so summery.

And then, the pizza.  Simple and bright with an amazing crust that was crisp on the outside and oh so soft on the inside.  I was in heaven.

For me, Quattro Formaggi: fresh mozzarella, parmigiano, fontina, gorgonzola, garlic, and oregano.  And we're talking SLICES of garlic, none of that wussy smashed up stuff.  So good.

And for papa, Filetti: cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, garlic, basil, and olive oil.  We swapped slices near the end and his was fantastic too.  I'm a huge fan of anything involving mozza, basil, and tomato.

We finished dinner with two Americanos (also excellent) and were on our way.  I've been floating on a cloud of pizza heaven all night.

Bottom line?  GO THERE.  GO THERE NOW.  YOUR FACE WILL THANK YOU.  I know this is a lame and short review but it's because I was so impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment